Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jim Jarmusch & Me: Coffee and Cigarettes

Some of the people I know personally have been giving me flack about my treatment of Jim Jarmusch’s films. So I’d like to set the record straight. It’s not that I dislike his films. It’s more of an unlike -- they're just not my cup of tea.

Or cup of coffee in the case of “Coffee and Cigarettes.” A friend recommended it and yes, there were a couple of decent vignettes and some amusing bits. But as I said in my review on Twitter: Most were about as interesting as an afternoon at Starbucks. It felt like a collection of SNL skits that they didn’t know how to end.

Continue with “Mystery Train”

"Coffee and Cigarettes"

Released: 2003

Rating: R

Length: 96 minutes

Cast: Roberto Benigni, Steve Buscemi, Iggy Pop, Tom Waits

Director: Jim Jarmusch

Genre(s): Drama, Comedy, Anthology

No comments:

Post a Comment